Monday, March 8, 2010

What I've been up to

Keeping up.
So just so it's up on here rather than in my tiny bio, I wanted to put up a post about what I've been up to. I've been writing (and actually publishing) a lot more recently, so this post will be describing that quickly and then next post I will excerpt a review or two that I've done.

I've written a total of four pieces now for Hyperallergic, an online art blogazine started by New York City art writer, critic and awesome guy Hrag Vartanian. The blog features a wide variety of posts, ranging from new media columnists to professors of impressionism to contemporary art world news; I've covered Boston and Beijing and hope to keep moving on to some artist and gallerist profiles.


I have also started writing for LEAP art magazine, a new bilingual (Chinese and English) art magazine in Beijing that covers China's contemporary art world as well as international exhibitions and artists. Editor Phil Tinari, an American writer, curator and art-worlder at large in Beijing, has developed the magazine with a combination of academic articles, critical reviews, exploratory media pieces, fashion shoots and short blip write-ups. So far, I've contributed a blurb about Chinese photographer Madi Ju's first photobook, Qingchun, and a larger review of Yunfei Ji's recent James Cohan Gallery New York show, Mistaking Each Other for Ghosts.


I'm now interning at GlobalPost, a relatively recently founded international news agency based in Boston. Our group of interns develops, edits and creates content for the site's Study Abroad vertical, a section that gathers work from student reporters. I had a hand in our popular cats in costumes story and have a few other articles in development.

Just in case you were wondering. Now back to (ir)regular programming.

No comments: